Major Giving Officer
Deadline: October 22, 2021
Put your passion for the environment and building relationships to work! Do you love to cultivate, solicit and close on major or planned gifts? The Major Giving Officer will join a collaborative team and manage a portfolio of major and planned giving donors and prospects. To be considered for the position, please send your cover letter, resume, 3 references and salary requirements to [email protected] by October 22, 2021. The salary range is $50,000 to $60,000. The LC fills positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
5 years of related fund development experience
ABOUT THE LEELANAU CONSERVANCY: We are one of the nation’s top land trusts. Our mission is to conserve the land, water and scenic character of Leelanau County, Michigan. In our 33-year history, we have conserved over 15,000 acres, including 28 natural areas and preserves, 200 permanent conservation easements and 47 miles of streams and shoreline.
The Leelanau Conservancy fills positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply to job openings as they occur.
AmeriCorps Member (3 Openings)
Deadline: October 15, 2021
- Leelanau Conservancy, Stewardship Technician (2 positions) – Leland, MI
- Leelanau Conservancy, Easement/Stewardship Technician – Leland, MI
- An opportunity to join others with dedication, passion and enthusiasm for the environment and for national service
- Develop real-world skills, increase your experiences and have the opportunity to network with other resource professionals
- Education award in the amount of $6,345
- Loan forbearance of qualified federal student loans during the term of service
- Living stipend totaling $16,000 (distributed bi-weekly; this is taxable income)
- Health care coverage
- Child care benefits, if applicable
Minimum eligibility requirements:
All positions require the following but please read each position description carefully for specific position requirements:
- United States citizen or have proof of lawful permanent resident alien status
- Valid driver’s license
- A commitment to serving 1,700 hours from January 12, 2022 through November 18, 2022
- Ability to pass a background check
- Fill out the “Member Application 2022”
- Submit one cover letter, resume and Huron Pines AmeriCorps Member Application via email to Huron Pines AmeriCorps Program Manager Amanda Vanaman at [email protected] Incomplete applications are not accepted.
The full term of service is January 12, 2022 through November 18, 2022