Granary ca. 1880
This small, red –painted wooden building was used for the bagging and storage of grain. Attached to the eastward post of the slat wall is a “grain funnel” used for bagging grain. Now gone, there is a ghost of another building that was once adjacent to the granary.
This granary is a one story, gabled structure with a roof ridge that lies on a north-south access. The building has one ledge and brace door and one window on east elevation. A wire hung wood pole hangs in the northwest corner of the structure. Additionally, cantilevered braced shelving is found on the north wall and east wall above and south of the window.
- Natural Area Resources
- Interactive Trail Map
- Download Trail Map
- Natural Area Details
- Share Your Photos or Thoughts
For the love of this place: Interpreting the Campbell-DeYoung Farmstead is made possible in part by a grant from Michigan Humanities Council, an affiliate of the National Endowment for the Humanities