Job Opportunities With the Leelanau Conservancy
Land Protection Specialist
Deadline: November 15, 2017
Founded in 1988, the Leelanau Conservancy is a land trust leader in the U.S. We’ve protected 13,000 acres of natural areas, preserves and family farms. The position is responsible for implementing all phases of the Conservancy’s farm programs, with an emphasis on permanent farmland and natural land easement transactions.
- A positive attitude and a strong team player
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (advanced degree preferred)
- 2 years experience in conservation real estate transactions
- Strong interest in land protection and related policy matters
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate/partner with others in the conservation community
- Experience accessing public funding through federal, state and local matching programs (ACEP and RCPP experience preferred)
- Background in farming or experience working with farmers preferred
- Experience in ArcGIS software/systems preferred
- Conservation easement monitoring experience preferred
Please send your resume, three references, cover letter, salary requirements and one writing sample to email@example.com by November 15, 2017.