There’s no place like Leelanau, and you are what makes this place and way of life so special. On Conservancy Day Thursday, August 3rd, do what you love most to appreciate Leelanau.
Please RSVP by July 31 to join us for any or all of the following Conservancy Day activities:
- VOLUNTEER at a workbee from 9-11am at Chippewa Run Natural Area in Empire to help control invasive shrubs.
- TOUR three Conservancy-protected wineries:
- 45 North – 10am hiking tour with 45 North staff and Director of Land Protection Matt Heiman
- Brengman Brothers – Noon hiking tour with Robert Brengman, Executive Director Tom Nelson, Conservation Easement Program Manager Yarrow Brown, and Northport Solar.
- L. Mawby – UPDATE: THE 2 PM TOUR IS FULL; A 3:30 OPTION HAS BEEN ADDED. Farmland protection tour with Larry Mawby
*In honor of Conservancy Day, on August 3rd, each protected winery will donate all proceeds from the sale of one designated wine to the Conservancy*
- GATHER from 4-6pm for a Member Reception at our very first natural area, the Leland Village Green. Join us for local drinks, appetizers, an opportunity to connect with your Conservancy community, and hear from Executive Director Tom Nelson. Not a member but would like to attend the Reception on the Village Green? Please join today.
*Parking for the Member Reception is available at the Lutheran church and Leland school.
We encourage you to celebrate this spectacular peninsula in your favorite way, wherever you are. Don’t forget to share your Conservancy Day Story on social media with #ConservancyDay